WELCOME to our latest newsletter and WELCOME to all our new staff, volunteers and board members.
Just a few highlights:
- David Atkin has qualified as a Tutor in Carpentry in the Horizon Project
– Well done to David and all who helped to train you so well!
- Emily Hunt has become a Housing Support Worker in Ryder House – where she will continue her youth work apprenticeship!
– Well done to Emily and to V4C & Ryder House for giving you this great opportunity.
- The Warehouse team are finalists in the Tunbridge Wells Love Where We Live Award – ethical local business. Well done! You are also long-listed for a Santander £50,000 social development award!
- Henry Smith charity are considering a strong V4C grant application.
- Our SAY YES! 2Youth campaign has got off to a great start!
- A Y PARTY by Carol & David Wake
- A Y PARTY by Dawn & David Grant
- Olly Payne’s amazing sponsored triathlon – nearly £1000!
- Shortlist of 4 for Lloyds Banking Group £3000 grant – public voting starts soon – watch for details and well done to Roisin!
- Some donations made by people using the Pagoda Centre
- The NCS course sponsored leg wax [not mine!] and cake sale in Tunbridge Wells during Friday 23rd August.
We can look forward to more challenges and even more achievements!
- Open day and opening of the RYDER HOUSE extension & refurbishment on 10th October.
- Our SAY YES! 2YOUTH open evening at TN2 on 24th October.
- Rolling out more work on DofE Awards, Juice Bars, U TURN
- Recruiting younger board members – who do you suggest ?
Thank you all for your team work, making a real difference. I hope you all find some peace, joy, fun and refreshment this summer.
T H A N K Y O U ! Rob